Golden Bridges School is a teacher-run school, created by a group of Waldorf-trained teachers. As educators our core values include the cultivation of:
- A developmentally appropriate education steeped in the visual arts, movement, music, speech, self-expression, and group work.
- A practical work and play-based curriculum, with a grounding of all academic learning in direct experience.
- An ecological and place-based curriculum, focusing on the relationship of the human being to their surrounding environment, with attention to earthly and seasonal phenomenon, sustainable practices, stewardship and nurturing the experience of nature in the city.
- A curriculum brought through the art of oral story-telling, both metaphorical and historical, kindling the imagination of the child.
- A safe educational environment, where each child can continue to grow their own unique gifts, and transform personal challenges.
- A school culture where the senses of the young child are nurtured and protected from the over-stimulating effects of electronic screen media.
- An education that engages and develops the whole child through understanding, connection, and action: head, heart and hands.
- A supportive and seamless interplay between school life and the home life and cultures of our families.
- An affordable education whose tuition is based on need and ability to pay.
- An open economic structure where teacher and administrative costs are flexible and based on need and availability.
- A school community that represents the city in which we live, composed of different ethnicities, cultures, sexualities, and economic standing.